C.R.A. Alto Cidacos is composed of four schools in four different villages in a rural area in the Autonomus Community of La Rioja. The four villages are: Arnedillo, Enciso, Herce and Préjano.
We have 15 teachers (11 are involved in this ERASMUS + Project) and 54 pupils in all. We have mixed-age classes and itinerant teachers who drive from one school to another.
We work on different projects like eTwinning, the Biosphere in La Rioja, Explora, History Project, P.I.L.C. and Erasmus +. We organise several days when we all get together in one village, i.e. Constitution Day, Carnival, Book Day, End of School Year Party,… Besides there is a great collaboration with the Town Halls and the whole community in each village. We also organise some educational trips and a Short Study Visit to the United Kingdom for a week every year.
Our work is founded on the following principles:
1. The student is the center of our educational work.
2. The school complements the educational action of the family, and is commissioned and financed by society to carry out this mission.
3. The school is organized, for this reason, as a personal service to the student and a support to the responsibility of the parents.
4. With these presuppositions in mind, this educational community intends that the students:
a) Be able to adopt a critical and creative attitude towards social reality, the world, and themselves.
b) Acquire the knowledge and habits necessary for their personal development as individuals.
c) Achieve a sufficient sense of responsibility.
d) Grow and mature through their efforts, studies, school life, and the discovery and cultivation of all its potentialities: intellectual, physical, social, emotional…
e) Achieve the preparation necessary to be active and supportive elements in society with the power to transform society to be more just and egalitarian.
5. The educational activities of this school will seek to integrate the distinct experiences and knowledge of the students, and will adapt to their patterns of working, and incorporate a diversity awareness plan into the educational project. With all this it intends to reach the objectives established in the curriculum regulated in the RD 26/2007 of May 4th.
6. Given the school’s characteristics as a C.R.A., the teaching-learning process will be individualized to achieve coordination between all the students and teachers.
7. The use of new information and communication technologies will be incorporated in all areas of the teaching-learning process.
8. To carry out this ambitious task, the school needs and requires the cooperation of social organizations and all components of our community to make this educational project our own.